Why You Shouldn't Go Without Your Dental Cleaning
Even though you care for your teeth and have excellent oral health, it’s vital to have annual dental check-ups and thorough cleanings. At Made Ya Smile Kingwood, TX, we diagnose signs of cavities and gum disease during your exam and cleaning. If these signs are identified soon, they can usually be fixed promptly. Even so, if more dangerous conditions go undetected, they may result in huge concerns, including tooth loss and gum recession.
Biannual teeth cleanings give our Kingwood, TX staff the chance to eliminate plaque and bacteria, as well as clean your tooth enamel to produce a gorgeous smile. Let us help you and your loved ones preserve your oral wellness with comprehensive oral care. The American Dental Association advises kids, teens, and older patients to have their teeth cleaned professionally no less than twice each year. For individuals with past or existing periodontal disease or those who have traditional braces, more frequent cleanings are recommended.
What to expect during a dental cleaning
During your first appointment at Made Ya Smile Kingwood, TX, we will first assess your oral structures. Next, our team will take a dental x-ray to identify any concerns we may not notice with the naked eye. In the event that we locate any problems, we will design a customized treatment program for you. Tooth decay is usually taken care of before your teeth cleaning, while other more extensive treatments may require a second trip to our Kingwood, TX dental facility. At your dental cleaning, our hygienist will remove any tartar on the enamel with special dental instruments. As soon as your teeth and gum tissues are free of buildup, your enamel is polished, which gets rid of unsightly stains. Our trained hygienists can make suggestions to our patients on the ways to efficiently take care of their teeth in between dental cleanings.
Don't put off your professional cleaning
At Made Ya Smile Kingwood, TX, our team believes there are countless reasons why you should never skip a biannual dental cleaning, including:
- Preventing cavities: Getting your enamel cleaned twice a year lets us detect tooth decay immediately. If you don't see a dentist for a prolonged amount of time, this infection can travel throughout the tooth, and we might not be able to save it. This will call for a restoration.
- Taking care of periodontal disease in the early stages: In the event that periodontal disease is not addressed, it can result in worn down gums, bone loss, and tooth loss. If you notice red or bleeding gum tissues, book an exam at our Kingwood, TX facility for periodontal disease detection.
- Preserving the beauty of your smile: These deep cleanings let your teeth stay as luminous as possible. During your dental visit, we polish your enamel to make it look bright.
- Clean-smelling breath: Twice-yearly cleanings keep halitosis at bay because they eliminate plaque buildup, which can be the biggest cause of persistent bad breath.
- Having an oral cancer screening: During your exam, our professionals will assess your oral structures (such as the lips, tongue, mouth, and even lymph nodes) to identify indications of cancer. If diagnosed soon, oral cancer can be treated effectively.
- Ensuring that your health is in good shape: Your oral health may influence your complete health. Progressive gum disease can also cause heart disease. Routine dental care has been shown to minimize your odds of having a stroke.
- Saving money on treatments: In the event that you take care of dental health problems soon, these could be treated with low-maintenance approaches. But when you put off care, you might require more costly and extensive treatments.
Schedule a biannual cleaning to boost your dental health today
Ensure that your smile is as healthy as possible when you have biannual dental cleanings at Made Ya Smile Kingwood, TX. Our family practice in Kingwood, TX performs preventive dental treatment to address cavity prevention and decrease your odds of ending up with periodontal disease.